Heaven Has A Hell Of A Guy!

Heaven Has A Hell Of A Guy!

July 5th I lost my beloved father to stage 4 Bladder Cancer. He was such a tenacious fighter. This December would have been 4 years of battling this horrific cancer. He did it with such grace and dignity. He passed at home with family all around him surrounded by things that made him happy. While preparing for his upcoming services, I had the task of calling his long time business associates, friends and family. At first I dreaded this daunting task.

By the end of the 100th call, I found that I was in such a better place. The conversations I had with his business associates were so amazing. I heard over and over that they never met a kinder, upstanding, loyal, smart and classy man. I must have heard the phrase ” he was a hell of a guy” 50 times or more. I found myself laughing about stories they were telling me on the phone. People were actually honored and looking forward to being part of his send off to Heaven.

414888-0

Even though it is a great and tragic loss for our family, friends and his business associates, Heaven has received a hell of guy!  Will see you in heaven. Save me a seat next to you and we can have a vodka on the rocks and  listen to Louie Armstrong’s record, “”What a Wonderful World over and over and over like old times. Love you forever Papa.

Kellie's 50th Birthday 005

About these ads

16 responses to this post.

1. Posted by Deb on July 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I couldn’t agree more, he is one hell’va awesome man/dad! Cheers!

2. Thanks Deb he was awesome. No better guy. wish you could come

3. Posted by Polly on July 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM

love this. mom

4. You know mom he was a hell of a husband! Love kellie

5. Although the news is expected and sad, your delivery here is full of pride. I’m glad that the process also delivered you peace. …. and here’s to your father.

6. I’m truly sorry, Kellie. So sorry for the loss of such a wonderful father, and how much empty space there is when someone so vibrant and loving is gone from this plain. Lovely photos…they show his warmth. ox

7. Thank you so much for the condolences. It so very hard but I know he fought so hard and now in better place.

8. Posted by fransiweinstein on July 15, 2013 at 5:33 AM

So sorry for your loss. Been through it myself. It’s never easy. He’ll be with you forever, though, in your heart and memories.